Understanding Risk Assessment
Your boss wants you to get a risk assessment done, but you've never done one before. Where do you start?
In this 12-week course starting on 2-Oct-17, you'll learn the basics of the risk assessment process. Understand how to identify hazards and assess the danger. Score the risks using modern risk assessment tools and then define the control measures. Understand what the outcomes from the process should be and what to do next.
We teach methods widely accepted in Canada, the European Union, and the USA.
Course topics include
- What is risk?
- Hazard identification and analysis
- Probability of injury
- Risk Scoring Tools
- Risk Assessment Teams
- the opportunity to customize the course content to your needs as the course progresses
- live instruction on Tuesday of each week starting 3-Oct-17
- weekly "office hours" with the instructor where you can ask any questions you have starting on Friday, 6-Oct-17
- direct email access to the instructor
- FREE private coaching sessions
- a fully functional risk assessment worksheet (.xls)
- access to a private Facebook discussion group for the course
- handouts with supporting information for each module
- web resources and a suggested reading list
Your satisfaction or your money back. Seriously.
Machinery Safety Specialist
About the instructor
Doug is the main instructor for machinery safety and regulatory compliance topics.
Specializing in industrial machinery, Doug has more than 30 years experience in risk assessment, control systems design, functional safety and standards development. Sharing what he has learned over his career has become a passion while providing training to technicians, technologists and engineers over the last 30 years.
Besides providing consulting services to clients, Doug also writes for the Machinery Safety 101 blog, http://machinerysafety101.com.
Doug co-owns Compliance inSight Consulting, and the Machinery Safety 101 blog with his partner and best friend, Kimberly Nix.